Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Ambitious Girl: Jada

PROFILE:
Name: Jada Brianna Cash-Wilson
Age: 21
Hometown: Hong Kong, China
Goals: “Ultimately, I want to be a United States Supreme Court Justice. I mean there’s different things I need to do to get there so I’m not sure of that route like if I want to go into politics or be a lawyer but I know when I’m 50 I want to be a Supreme Court Justice.”
Music: “A lot of rap and hip-hop and oldies. My two favourites are Nas and Marvin Gaye.”

Jada is one of those people who seem to be doing it all. She’s currently the president of the Manhattanville Student body and for a tiny person , she seems to have a lot of weight on her shoulders but what people don’t expect from Jada is that she can handle all that and then some, while listening to Nas in the background.

QUESTION TIME:
1.) Is it safe to say people consider you an "ambitious girl” stereotype? How true is that and how does that make you feel?
-“ I think people who don’t know me think of me that way but I think people who do know me think of me as silly and telling goofy jokes.” (Laughs)


2.) How do you think your style: fashion and music wise even your room perpetuate the stereotype?
-“Um, yeah. I think it depends on the day and who I’m meeting with. So if I’m meeting with administration it’s definitely going to be more sweaters and buttoned-up things but if it’s more like a regular day, sweatpants are in there, there’s no fashion. (Laughs) but as for my room, behind you is a wall of my favourite music artistes and on that other wall is Malcolm X, so that represents my passion for civil rights and there’s Marilyn Monroe because I just think she’s so girly and I’m girly so yeah.”
Marilyn and MalcolmX, two facets of her character
A collage of her favourite artistes by her door

3.) On coming to Mville, did you think you would find your niche?
-“No I didn't and I’m still not really sure I have.”

4.) How has Manhattanville helped you discover more of who you are and separate you from the crowd?
-“So Manhattanville has helped me in the sense that I've learned to stand up for what’s right regardless of  how many people don’t agree with me.”
Jada's SGA gavel...fate?

5.) What about you do you think people will be surprised to know?
-“I like to watch those teen shows on the CW; I don’t know why…I do.” (Laughs)
Jada now interns for President Clintons non-profit





No comments:

Post a Comment